Thursday, October 10, 2013

Excited Newbie

I am so excited to tell you about a new on-line Bible study that begins on Sunday.  It is being hosted by Proverbs 31.  We will be studying Renee Swope's book, A Confident Heart.  I'm four chapters in and totally hooked.  I expected good things from this book, but it has delivered beyond my expectations -- and the study hasn't even started yet!  It has been such a blessing to read so much of my personal story in Renee's words.  Just the title of chapter 2 captured my heart -- "Because God's Love Is Perfect, I Don't Have to Be."  For the people-pleasing perfectionist I've always been, those words were music to my ears.  

What about you?  Are you looking for security and significance?  Do you dream of a day when you could be truly confident of God's love for you?  

Why not join the study with me?  

Still listening -- 
Carol

P31 OBS Blog Hop

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, I just love your excitement. It is so cool that your first OBS is "A Confident Heart" (ACH), because my first OBS in 2011 was also ACH. It helped start the process of breaking me of my people-pleasing, perfectionistic tendencies. :-) Can't wait to see what God has in store for all of us! Still listening with you. Lori K, OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not usually drawn to women's retreats and Bible studies for women. In fact, I usually run the other way -- looking for a football game or a good book. The women of our church just went on retreat last weekend. I didn't go. I stayed home and started reading ACH. It was a much better "retreat" for me. As much as I would like to, I'm not letting myself rush through the book. I'm taking my time and working through the questions at the end of each chapter. I told my husband that I think, for the first time, I see hope for not just hiding my feelings and saying I'm OK. I have real hope for making peace with who I am and everything I've experienced. Please share my thanks with Renee. God is using her vulnerability to touch my heart.

      Delete
  2. Hi Carol! I'm also a newbie :O) I haven't started reading yet, but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the book so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my 5th OBS and I'm still learning and growing. This book A Confident Heart is really hitting me in my tender areas also.
    Love and prayers,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, since this is your 5th study, is there anything you recommend for a newbie like me?

      Delete
    2. Carol, the best advice I can give you is to stick with it even if you should fall behind or it gets a little hard. Melissa Taylor always tells us that we only get out of a study what we put into it and that has proven true for me. If you have any question at any time, feel free to ask me.

      Delete
    3. Sounds like good advice. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. This is my first online bible study and I am excited about the fellowship and experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you and with you.
      Blessings,
      Carol

      Delete