Monday, February 8, 2010

Romans 12

I experienced Romans 12 in an overwhelming way yesterday.  The good little Southern girl in me wants to say that God used me in a small way.  That's the humble thing to say.  But the point is that God used me.  It's up to Him whether it was in a small way or a big way. 

And only time may tell anyway.  As I listened to someone's story, I heard about someone else who reached out to this individual in what appeared to be a small way but it turned out to be instrumental in this individual's journey.  The person who reached out may never know.  As my pastor says, God is always ahead of us.  He knows what will happen and puts the people in place we will need just when we need them.

As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Third Day sing, "I've Always Loved You."  If only we would remember just how much He loves us.

We are all part of each other's story.  We may never know if we played a major role or just a small "walk-on" part.  That's up to God.  We just have to be available when He gives us the cue to play our part.

Still listening . . .
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Carol! I just added it to the weekly links section on Heart to Heart with Holley! (:

    ReplyDelete