Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One

Happy New Year!  Don't you love the first day of a new year?  It's just so full of possibilities.  That's the reason I always liked the first day of school.  Who would I meet?  What would I accomplish?  


My name is Carol.  I was born and raised in Texas.  I expected to live there always -- unless maybe I got the chance to work at Graceland -- which would have been an absolute dream come true!  (Yes, I am a huge Elvis Presley fan!)


But -- surprise!  My husband and I moved to Alaska in 2008!  How we got here is a long story, but a good one.  I'm sure you'll read more about it here.


God gave me a passion for writing.  I write about everything -- what I'm thinking, feeling, trying to understand.  And, very often, I write while I'm praying.  


I'm still unpacking boxes from our move here -- some that were never unpacked in our last house.  I found one of those boxes yesterday -- a box that had some of my earliest written prayers.  It was such a blessing to read those.  


In those prayers, I asked God for something.  He didn't answer that prayer for a long time.  Sometimes I thought He wasn't listening.  But I realize now that the timing just wasn't right.  There's a reason people say "God's timing is always perfect."  It is.  When the time was right, God answered that prayer -- and in a more amazing way than I ever could have imagined.  You'll probably read more about that here.


I should explain the title of this blog -- Listening.  It's something I learned from my pastor.  You'll read more about that, too.


Thank you for reading this and taking this journey with me.  


Still listening,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment