Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Elvis, Pink and M&M's

It's been a while since I've posted here.  I could say it's because I've been busy with life and work.  And that would be absolutely true.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job?  I do.  It's been super busy lately and I love that.  However, I'm not absolutely sure that's the reason I haven't posted anything lately. 

For a while now, I've felt like God has been leading me to write a book.  He has blessed me so much, but I know it isn't just for me -- I need to share those blessings with others.  If I won't tell my story -- His story -- how will He receive the glory? 

But there's a problem.  I'm an intensely private person.  I don't mind that people know I love Elvis, pink and M&M's; but I probably won't let you know much more.  That makes it hard to write a personal story.

So I thought I would make it easy on myself and start with a blog.  Not so easy.  People could read this.  I'm OK with strangers reading it, but people I know?  Ouch!  Not sure I'm ready for that. 

So I've come up with a thousand reasons (excuses) not to write anything more here.

Not sure what will happen next.

Still listening . . .
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Elvis, pink and M&M's--I think that's a fabulous start! I want to hear more! (: Writing feels a lot like peeling back the layers of an onion, little bit at a time, little bit at a time...

    So glad you're joining in the Rest of Your Story series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holley, thank you for your encouragement. A couple of years ago, my pastor encouraged me to write my story. He said he thought it would be of value to seekers. We both knew it was highly unlikely for me to do such a thing -- I value my privacy too much.

    But then I realized it was God, not just my pastor, leading me to write that story. I drafted something then put it away.

    Lately, I've been feeling that nudge again. This move to AK is nothing short of a miracle. I have never seen God's awesome power more clearly revealed in my life.

    Still, I've not pursued it -- just tested the water a little with a blog that I've told almost no one that I'm doing. Then I came across your "Rest of Your Story" series. OK, God, I'm "listening."

    Then I prayed for just a little more assurance from Him -- one way or another -- is this something He wants me to do or can I let this go? I believe He answered through you.

    Thank you Holley (I think).

    Still listening,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete